Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Where do they find these morons?

And why do they give them driver's licenses? For my adoring fans who do not live in the greater Bloomington-Normal metro area, we had 4-5 inches of snow last night.

Now, living in the snow belt, one would think drivers would be used to driving in the snow. Nope, not a clue. Now yes, there are some drivers who have attained a proficiency in winter driving but for the most part, we have a plethora of morons on our roadways. People driving way too fast. People who don't realize their rear wheel drive will cause them to fishtail. People who think their 4-wheel drive Landcrushers make them invincible (just because your car handles better doesn't mean it stops that much quicker).

Several times on my way to work the cars behind me didn't even let off the accelerator while I was turning in front of them. Fortunately, through my years of driving experience, and because I follow my father's advice that everyone is trying to kill you on the road, I slow down quite a bit before the turn. Thankfully, no one hit me, but not from a lack of trying.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Makes me wish I had a James Bond car.

Perez said...

You aren't kidding. For a long time I've suggested that we be allowed to hit the cars of bad drivers with paintballs. That way, when you see a car with three paintball sploches you will know to keep clear.

My Dad also passed along this driving lesson his Dad gave him, "Beware of people who drive beaters or put Jesus Fishes on their cars, their souls are ready and they don't care if they die."

Matt said...

I like the paintball idea. They would have to be specially made, though. Paintballs are water soluble.

Perhaps we invent a small radio tag system that alerts your in-vehicle GPS when you approach one of these unsafe drivers.