Monday, January 12, 2009

We Are The Champions!

This weekend we celebrated Christmas with Rachel's sister Laura's family. The food was excellent, the gifts were thoughtful (thanks for the Wii Rock Band guitar), the game play was fun. We had chili (yum!) and vegetable soup (Rachel was salivating in anticipation).

As for the games, we first played Fact or Crap (gift to me from Laura), which I won. It was a pretty fun game with some very hard and interesting questions. We then decided to play Pictionary. Now, I love Pictionary and like to think I'm pretty good at it. However, I'd never played the game with Rachel so I didn't know how in sync we would be. After a couple of bad clues we proceeded to catch on fire. We won the first time before the other two teams got half-way and then won again (at the behest of the other teams) by lapping them. Needless to say, we won't be playing Pictionary again against them while on the same team.

The highlight of the games was when I got the clue 'Fargo'. I tried drawing the states with Fargo highlighted but Rachel couldn't think of a city other than Bismark. I then tried to draw two stick figures near and far (get it,Far-go?). When that didn't work I had a stroke of genius. I proceeded to draw a wood chipper with a stick figure going in headfirst. Rachel immediately got it after that.

You betcha

No comments: