Monday, December 29, 2008

Santa Came

Hope everyone had a great Christmas (or the holiday of your choosing). Rachel and I did. Christmas Eve we ventured to the mall (someone procrastinated on their shopping...cough...Rachel...cough...). While at the mall we stopped at EB Games and found the Rock Band 2 Special Bundle for the Wii.

We put off playing it until Saturday and then proceeded to play it for 4 hours and then 5-6 hours on Sunday. You could say we are addicted.

Aside from that, we had a great Christmas weekend. Eve night we ate with my family and exchanged presents. Christmas, we went back to my parents for ham (many thanks to the McDonald's for once again delivering the goods). We also had our White Elephant gift exchange where our gifts were the hit. The first was a three strands of Our Lady of Guadalupe lights. That's right, we found light strings with the Virgin Mary at Meijer's one day. My Dad's grad assistant simply loved them. The other gift was the best of all. It was a flying pig statue we found at Hobby Lobby. Why was it so great? Because my Dad got it. A little back story here. I'm sure many of you had a Dad who would give you sarcastic remarks to certain questions. Here are a sampling of my Dad's replies

Me: What are you doing?
Dad: Playing basketball

Me: Where's Mom?
Dad: In my pocket

Me: What's for dinner?
Dad: Food

Me: I'm bored, what should I do?
Dad: Go play in traffic

And now for the coupe de grace
Me: When can I do XXX?
Me: Can we get XXX?

Dad: When pigs fly

So, you can imagine my glee when my Dad selected that gift. Needless to say he loved it.

No comments: