Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Has it been a year?

I can't believe it but it has been a year since Rachel and I started dating. Surprising how fast the time has gone by. In a year's time, this has transpired:

Sold the house on Lynx
Moved in with my parents for 2 weeks
Bought an 85 year old house
Moved in
Moved Rachel out of her place and into the house
We installed a 480 square foot brick paver patio
Let me say that again, we installed a 22 foot by 22 foot brick paver patio
Hauled 14.6 tons of rock and sand for said patio
Marveled that she is still with me
Put in a hot tub
Took a trip to the Dominican Republic
Was allowed back into the U.S.A.
Threw 4 parties
Visited Chicago 5 times

So, we've done quite a bit this past year. To celebrate our anniversary we went out to eat at Lancaster's (a fine dining establishment in the heart of metropolitan Bloomington) on Friday(actual anniversary is December 7th, yes, Pearl Harbor Day). Dinner was excellent, followed by a visit to the scene of the crime (our 1st date), Fat Jack's. It was a very good anniversary and I couldn't be happier.

No comments: