Saturday, December 20, 2008

One down...five to go

Good news, I passed my first CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter for you non-State Farmers) test. Only five more to go now. Thankfully that number is not seven since my FLMI (Fellow, Life Management Institute, yes, it is as exciting as it sounds) satisfies two of the tests.

And of course, my test was the morning after an ice storm deposited 1/2 an inch on the city. Thankfully we suffered no damage and never lost power. Funny things was when I was de-icing my car it felt like I was out in the rain. The temp had risen above freezing and the huge hackberry tree above our patio was melting.

The drive to OAB (Oakland Avenue Building, really, I must create an acronym glossary) was very pretty with all of the trees and bushes covered in ice. It did suck for those who lost trees or treelimbs but I didn't see any that had fallen on houses.

addict at the The test was a little nerve-racking because the writers of said test were cruel, inhumane, and generally poor test writers. At least I passed. The nerves from the test had nothing on the incredibly annoying guy next to me. The man fidgeted (yes, I am aware that me commenting on restlessness is like W complaining about someone's grammar and syntax) like he drank 14 cups of coffee, which was funny because he was constantly yawning. So, all I could hear while I was contemplating the complexities of parts A, B, C, and D of liability insurance was this bozo moving every two seconds while yawning and clearing his throat. It was like standing next to a methDMV. Ok, maybe not that bad but you know how everything annoys you when yo are trying to concentrate. Were I taking a test on The Goonies or The Simpsons, he could have been Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins and I wouldn't have noticed.

2 comments:

Miranda Lee Kemp said...

I caught up on your blog... I am almost in tears from laughing! You are a GREAT blogger... I will check everyday! :) I need to get better about updating mine. :)

Perez said...

Thank you very much. I enjoy your blog as well, except that the font right now is the same color as the background...weird.