Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm Hooked

Played two rounds of Disc Golf (I call it Hippie Golf) with my brother and his friends. Had a great time and the weather was unseasonably warm (40's) if a tad windy.

Now I like playing the occasional round of regular golf but I like Disc Golf better because:

  • No greens fees
  • I can use one disc/club
  • The disc is easier to find than a small golf ball
  • The discs are much cheaper than clubs ($10 versus $150)
  • The rounds are quicker (1.5 hours v 3+)
  • You can hold a drink in your hand while throwing (clandestinely though, the course is in a public park)
  • I have a much higher chance of making par
  • No dress code
  • No rich tools playing in front of or behind you

So, I will still play the very occasional round of golf but I will definitely play more Disc Golf next year.

No comments: