Thursday, November 13, 2008

Amber Bock

Just wanted to update that I now have Michelob Amber Bock on tap and it is tasty.

The last keg was Goose Island 312. Apparently, it was popular because the keg (1/6 th barrel) went dry 2 1/2 hours into the Halloween party.

Thankfully this time I didn't have any problems with tapping the keg. The 312 gave me problems because the check-valve ball was blocking access to the delicious nectar known as 312. The keg before that was Hofbrauhaus Original and I got to find out first hand that there are many different types of keg couplers. Apparently the Marshal Plan didn't include requirements that the Europeans use the same tap system as North America.

As an asside, I highly recommend Budget Liqours for your keg needs. They are always friendly and Chris the owner can get just about any beer you want. After obtaining the HB keg he will have my business for quite some time.

2 comments:

stadtler said...

The "check-valve ball" will henceforth be known as "Rob".

Perez said...

Excellent considering his blockage of others' enjoyment.