Monday, November 10, 2008

Finally!

Yes, I know it is almost a week after the event but I must say I couldn't be happier with the outcome of the presidential election. You might say I drank the kool-aid and asked for more. I honestly believe Obama will take our country in the right direction. My only hope is that the public and press don't expect magic. Our nation (and the World) is in a huge mess and it will take a while to get out.

Anyway, I was watching the coverage election night and at one point CNN had live coverage of people outside the White House celebrating. I thought to myself, "Self, if you were outside the White House, what chants would you try to get the crowd involved in?" Well, here are the ones I thought of;

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye - I know, very obvious choice
Pack your bags
Enjoy your legacy, clap clap, clap clap clap
Back to Texas, clap, etc
Bet you want a drink, Bet you want a drink - I know, I'm mean
Bet your father's proud, Bet your father's proud
We didn't cheat, We didn't cheat - Someone may have to explain to W this is in reference to 2000
Don't stay in touch, Don't stay in touch

So, to sum it all up, I'm pretty happy that Obama was elected. Also, it's a good thing I wasn't outside the White House...

Mike

No comments: